153 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
Lanolin is a natural sheep fat obtained in process of cleaning wool. It’s a perfect moisturizer- you can use it directly on your skin. Many new mothers use it at the beginning of breastfeeding, as it helps with cracked nipples.
Lanolin is also an essential ingredient of lanolin wool treatment, that we need to make every so often to make wool covers waterproof and antibacterial. Preparing “home made” lanolin treatment is simple and doesn’t need a lot of time.
How to make home made lanoline wool treatment:
Dissolve one teaspoon of lanolin and one teaspoonful of soap flakes (soap helps to dissolve fat in water) in 200ml of hot water. Prepared lanolin and soap solution add to bowl of lukewarm water. Put clean and dry wool cover inside for around 4 hours. Take the wool cover out of treatment, rinse with cold water and delicately squeeze the water out of the cover. Before you use the cover after treatment, make sure it’s totally dry, otherwise it can leak.
After the treatment wool cover will be sticky. This is normal event and will disappear after 1-2 uses.
- Pure Pharmaceutical-grade Lanolin - No additives
- Fragrance and preservatives-free
- Complies with and exceeds the standards of the EU Pharmacopeia
- Safe for nursing moms and babies and people with skin conditions
- Great for making a wool treatment
- Pure lanolin is a wax that melts at 36°C (98°F) (body temperature). If it feels too hard to use please use a hair dryer in low to soften. If it is too soft, refrigerate for one hour. Suitable for the entire body. Always use a small amount. For severely damaged hands or feet apply more and wear gloves or socks for 3-4 hours.
No customer reviews for the moment.